Dr. Gary G. Kaihara has practiced dentistry since 1981. His personal approach to dentistry enables you to achieve your dental health and appearance goals. Dr. Kaihara allows you time to personally communicate your goals, questions and desired treatment outcomes. He sees his patient relationships as a family and receives satisfaction from positively affecting your life and health with comfortable dental care and informative dental education.
Dr. Kaihara grew up in Fullerton, California. Prior to his formal dental education, he spent many hours in a private dental office of a local dentist in Fullerton observing and learning clinical procedures.
Dr. Kaihara has been married to Shelly since 1989. They have three children and are residents of Great Falls, Virginia. Dr. Kaihara also invests his time and skills alongside his family serving in dental missions with the Future of Nicaragua Foundation. He also coached youth sports including soccer, little league and wrestling in Great Falls and enjoys fishing, hunting, golfing, skiing, and home brewing.
- 1972–1974 Associate of Arts, Fullerton College
- 1974–1977 Bachelor of Arts, California State University, Fullerton
- 1977–1981 Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Georgetown University School of Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- District of Columbia Dental Society
- Virginia Dental Association
- Northern Virginia Dental Society
- Spear Study Club
- Millennium Dental Study Club, Washington, DC
- 2006, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017: "Top Dentist" Award, published in Washingtonian
- 2011–Present: "Top Dentist" in Virginia Living Magazine
- 2011, 2015, 2016: "Top Dentist" in Northern Virginia Magazine
- 2012: Humanitarian of the Year Award by Future of Nicaragua Foundation
- 2013: Humanitarian of the Year Award by the District of Columbia Dental Society
- Serving on the Board of District of Columbia Dental Society Foundation
Contact our DC or McLean dental office. Schedule your next dental examination and teeth cleaning. Dr. Kaihara welcomes patients from Alexandria, Falls Church, Arlington, Silver Spring, Bethesda, and nearby areas.